Guarantee Your Child's College Savings!
GET enrollment is now open.
- Guaranteed to keep pace with in-state tuition costs.
- Get tax-free growth and withdrawals when using your account to pay for qualified higher education expenses.
- Use GET for education in Washington state and around the world.
- Enroll online or by mail with no enrollment fee.
It's Fast and Easy to Start Your GET 529 College Savings Account
When you choose GET to save for your student’s education, you're choosing a safe and secure way to help them achieve their dreams. Learn more about how GET works. When you're ready, click the "Enroll in GET" button to get started.
- Gather the following information:
- Account owner’s name, address, and Social Security number
- Beneficiary’s name, address, Social Security number and date of birth
- Designated survivor’s name, address and Social Security number
- Information about other individuals you wish to access the account
- Information about the bank account you wish to use for initial and ongoing contributions
- Review the GET Enrollment Guide and the Program Details Booklet. This includes the Master Agreement, which acts as your contract with GET.
- Familiarize yourself with the different plan options available. You can choose to make pay-as-you go lump sum payments or set up monthly lump sum payments with automatic withdrawal (ACH). As of June 30, 2022 the availability of new Custom Monthly Plans is paused until further notice. Visit the 2022 GET Program Adjustments page for important details.
- No enrollment fee. You may enroll for free during the annual enrollment period using our online portal, or download the form and enroll by mail.
- GET units must be held for two years before use. We recommend holding them for several years, as it will take time to see growth in your account.
- Important dates:
- November 1, 2023: Enrollment opens with a new unit price.
- May 31, 2024 Enrollment closes: The 2023-24 enrollment period for new GET Accounts will close at Midnight (Pacific Time) on May 31.
- June 25, 2024: The last day to add lump sum units to your account at the 2023-2024 unit price. All payments must be received in the GET office by this date to ensure your payment buys units at the 2023-24 unit price.
Start Saving Today!
Enrollment is open year-round.
You can set up an account with as little as $25 and your email address.
Make sure you have the basic information including your name, address, date of birth, and Social Security Number. You will also need this same information for the beneficiary.
After you confirm your information, you can:
- Set a goal
- Connect a bank
- Choose your investment mix (Compare options)
- Add money to your account
Open an Account
Meet our plan manager before you open an account
Vestwell State Savings ("Sumday") is our plan manager. We collaborate with them to give you a secure, online way to open and manage your DreamAhead College Investment Plan account. Their intuitive online platform makes it easy to add or withdraw money, and keep an eye on your 529 account.