Leadership and Administration
GET and DreamAhead are administered by the Washington Student Achievement Council with oversight from the Committee on Advanced Tuition Payment and College Savings (WA529 Committee), which meets quarterly to review policies, pricing and investments. The Washington Student Achievement Council supports both programs, based on the Committee’s direction. The Washington State Investment Board manages the GET fund, which is currently valued at $1.4 billion. GET is a self-sustaining program which has become one of the fastest growing prepaid tuition plans in the country.
Sumday Administration, LLC, a Vestwell subsidiary, serves as the Program Manager of DreamAhead. Sumday Administration, LLC and its affiliates have overall responsibility for DreamAhead’s operations, including recordkeeping, customer service, and administrative services. Lockwood Advisors, Inc., an affiliate of BNY Mellon, provides investment advisory services to the Committee for DreamAhead.
WA529 Mission and Vision
WA529 helps Washington families save for educational expenses, with a vision of fostering a well-educated community by helping students and families overcome financial barriers to education and avoid future debt.
The Committee on Advanced Tuition Payment and College Savings (WA529 Committee) governs GET and DreamAhead, ensuring that participants are protected and that the program remains financially sound. The five-member committee meets at least quarterly to discuss legislative activities, review program policies and investments, and make program decisions. Annually, the WA529 Committee sets the GET unit purchase price. The current WA529 Committee members are:
- Michael Meotti, Committee Chair, Executive Director of the Washington Student Achievement Council
- Mike Pellicciotti, State Treasurer
- David Schumacher, Director of the Office of Financial Management
- Touk Sinantha, Citizen Member, Managing Partner, AltraVue Capital
- Kris Lambright, Citizen Member, Chief Financial Officer, College Spark Washington
The next regularly scheduled WA529 Committee meeting is:
Wednesday, February 14, 2024
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
View information and meeting materials for past and upcoming WA529 Committee meetings.
WA529 is administered by the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC). Established as a cabinet-level state agency on July 1, 2012, the Washington Student Achievement Council provides strategic planning, oversight, and advocacy to support increased student success and higher levels of educational attainment in Washington. WA529's senior leadership team includes:
- Luke Minor, WA529 Director
- Lynda Ridgeway, Senior Associate Director
- Rodger O'Connor, Associate Director for WA529 Marketing and Communications
- Diana Hurley, Associate Director for GET Operations
- Jackie Ferrado, Associate Director for Community Engagement
To view GET annual valuation reports, investment reports and other documents, visit our Static Reports page.