Enroll in GET through May 31.
Choose Your Plan
The GET 2023-24 Enrollment period is now open with a new Unit Purchase Price of $120.16.
1) Lump Sum Plan (pay as you go)
- Add units whenever you want and contribute any amount of money you choose (even partial units).
- The minimum to start is $25 and the lifetime maximum per child is 800 units.*
- Units are sold at the price in effect at the time we receive your payment. The unit price is set annually, and may also be adjusted once annually if needed. The last day to purchase units at the annual unit price is June 25th each year.
2) Custom Monthly Plan (fixed monthly payments)
As of June 30, 2022, and until further notice, the Custom Monthly Payment option is unavailable for new purchasers.
Visit the 2022 GET Program Adjustments page for important details.
3) Combination of Custom Monthly and Lump Sum
- If you have an existing Custom Monthly Plan opened prior to July 1, 2022, you may add Lump Sum units at any time.
- When you make your payment, tell us whether to apply the money to your Custom Monthly payments or a Lump Sum purchase by calling 800.955.2318.
Choose Your Payment Method
1) Set up Payroll Direct Deposit**
- If your employer already participates in GET payroll direct deposit, complete the Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization form.
- To see if your employer participates in GET Payroll Direct Deposit, refer to the list of participating employers at the bottom of our Payroll Direct Deposit page.
- If your employer doesn't yet participate, encourage your payroll department to begin offering this service. It’s quick, easy, and free for them to set up. Or share your payroll office’s contact information with us by emailing WA529outreach@wsac.wa.gov, and we can contact them.
2) Set up automatic bank withdrawal (ACH)
- Money is withdrawn automatically from your bank account in one of two ways:
- One time on the day after you initiate the payment or
- On a recurring basis on the 15th day of each month and deposited into your GET account.
- Once your GET enrollment is complete, you can set up and modify automatic withdrawals by logging in to your GET account and choosing “Payment Options” or by completing the Automatic Withdrawal Authorization form.
3) Set up a bill payment
- You can set up bill payments with your bank. This will allow you to choose the date you would like the payment sent to us. Most banks will send us a physical check so please allow a few extra days for the payment to reach us.
4) Mail your payment
- Send us a check or money order by mail (existing Custom Monthly payments must be received by the 15th of the month). Make checks payable to GET and include your account number in the memo line.
- Upon request, we will send you a book with coupons to include with each payment. You can also download a Payment Coupon from our forms page to include with your payment.
*You must hold your units for at least two calendar years (and Custom Monthly Plans must be paid in full) before you can use them. The unit price may contain a premium over current tuition. Account owners should plan to hold your units for at least six years before use to realize potential financial gain.
**Payroll Direct Deposit was formerly called Payroll Deduction.
NOTE: The 5.5% finance charge is based on the total cost of contracted units and is compounded annually over the life of the contract. Finance charges have been factored into Custom Monthly Plan payment amounts and are not reduced if the contract is paid off early. Total finance charges may be reduced by shortening the term length or by reducing the number of units in the contract. For more information, please review the GET Program Details Booklet.
Open a DreamAhead account year-round.
Know Your Investment Options
The DreamAhead College Investment Plan offers three different ways to invest the money you save for college:
- Year of Enrollment portfolios use the beneficiary’s approximate year of enrollment in college to automatically adjust fund allocations over time. This means that the closer the beneficiary gets to the year of enrollment, the more conservative the portfolio’s allocation will become. Each Year of Enrollment portfolio can be customized to your risk tolerance.
- Static portfolios allow you to invest in specific funds based on your risk tolerance. Static investments don’t change allocations on their own, so it’s a good idea to review your selection over time.
- Adding to multiple portfolios is ideal for more advanced investors or for those who want to have more control over their investments. This option allows you to contribute to any combination of the Year of Enrollment and/or Static portfolios.
Don’t know how much you need to save?
Use this handy college cost calculator to get an idea.