How to rollover funds from GET to DreamAhead
If you haven't opened your DreamAhead account yet, begin with step one:
1. Open your DreamAhead account
- Click on the DreamAhead logo at the top of the page
- Follow the steps to "Open DreamAhead".
- When asked to choose a funding method, select "Rollover from a Washington State Savings Plan GET account".
- Copy or write down your DreamAhead account number - you'll need it later in the rollover process.
- Choose the green "Visit GET to continue your rollover".
2. Initiate your rollover from GET to DreamAhead
- Login to your GET account to begin your rollover from GET to DreamAhead.
- Choose "Use Units" from the menu bar.
- Select "initiate a rollover to another 529 plan".
3. Select the account you wish to rollover
- Choose the GET account.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If your student has more than one GET account, and you are rolling both accounts to DA, you must submit a separate rollover for each account you are rolling over on the same day. This will ensure they are processed at one time so as not to exceed the maximum of one rollover in a 12-month period for the student.
- Click on the box to "Rollover to DreamAhead"
- Provide your DreamAhead account number.
- Submit your rollover request.
Your rollover should take one to three weeks to process.
If your funds don't reach your DreamAhead account within this timeline, please call the GET Contact Center at 1.800.955.2318.
Note: If you encounter any issues after you have initiated the rollover request through your online GET account, please contact the GET Contact Center right away at 800.955.2318. Remember that you need to complete all of the necessary steps to finalize your rollover request in a timely manner, or your request may not be processed.
How to rollover funds to GET from DreamAhead or another 529 plan
You can roll over part of or all of your DreamAhead account funds into GET simply by completing an Incoming Rollover/Transfer form. Keep in mind that once liquidated, your DreamAhead account will remain open unless you decide to close it.
You can authorize the direct rollover of money from another qualified 529 plan to your GET account. If you want the other 529 plan to send the distribution directly to GET, you may need to complete one of their forms. Then complete an Incoming Rollover/Transfer form.
You can make one rollover from a DreamAhead account per 12-month period without being taxed. Please note, with DreamAhead there is a $25 rollover fee.