Whether you want to change your contact information, add people to your account, transfer units from one account to another, or select a new benefit use year, it’s easy to make these changes online. Log in to your GET account.
Make Changes to an Existing Custom Monthly Plan
New Custom Monthly Plans are not available to purchase as of June 30, 2022 and until further notice.* The following options apply to Custom Monthly Plans established before that date.
- Convert my Custom Monthly to a Lump Sum Plan: You may convert your existing Custom Monthly Payment Plan to a Lump Sum Plan by completing the Account Change Request form (found on our Forms page). Once you make this change you will not be able to keep the locked in unit price. All prior payments received will be applied at the rate that was in effect when the payment was received. Ensuing Lump Sum contributions will purchase units at the current unit price when your payment is received.
- Reduce Terms: To reduce the term length of your contract, please complete the Account Change Request form (found on the Forms page).This will typically cause a balance owing to bring your account current. Call the GET Contact Center at 800.955.2318 for more information and to discuss options for your account.
- Reduce Units: To reduce the unit amount on your contract, please complete the Account Change Request form (found on the Forms page). You may reduce your contract in 50 unit increments. You currently do not have the option to increase units in your Custom Monthly plan.*
- Increase Units in my Custom Monthly Plan: Although you do not have the option to increase the units in your contract*, you can always log in and add Lump Sum units to your account.
- Increase Terms: To increase the term length on your contract, complete the Account Change Request form (found on the Forms page). This may cause your account to be paid ahead. Call the GET Contact Center at 800.955.2318 for more detailed information.
- Request a Refund: You may request a refund after you've held your units for at least two calendar years, with some exceptions. Review our Refund and Cancellation policy for details. You may submit a notarized Refund/Cancellation Request form (found on our Forms page) Note: While a refund is available after you’ve held units for two years, in many cases there are better options. We encourage you to call our Contact Center at 800.955.2318 before initiating a refund.
To transfer units from one student to another, complete the Transfer Request form (available on the forms page). The Transfer Request form must be notarized and mailed to us at the address on the form.
- 800 units is the lifetime maximum for each student.
- To transfer units from a non-paid in full Custom Monthly Plan, complete the Student Beneficiary Change form (available on the forms page).
- If you are transferring units to an account with a different owner, this form must be notarized.
- Lump Sum units may be transferred at any time but must meet the two-year wait period before they are eligible for use.
- Add Additional Lump Sum Units: You may add to your Lump Sum Plan at any time with the following payment options: 1) Send a payment coupon 2) Set up or change your Automatic Monthly Bank Withdrawal (ACH) 3) Set up or change your payroll deduction 4) Make an online payment through US Bank by logging into your GET account. You must hold all GET units for at least two calendar years before they are eligible for use.
- Request a Refund: You can request a refund after you've held your units for at least two calendar years, with some exceptions. All cancellations and refunds are made according to Washington State law (RCW 28B.95.110) and GET Program policies. Review our Refund and Cancellation policy (available on the Forms page) for details. Submit a notarized Refund Request form (found on the Forms page) to the address on the form.
- Note: While a refund is available after you’ve held units for two years, in many cases there are better options. We encourage you to call our Contact Center before initiating a refund.
If your student is starting college sooner than expected, please change their Benefit Use Year by signing in to your online account and clicking the Edit button next to the Benefit Use Year on the right side of your screen. Your units must be eligible for use (your Custom Monthly plan must be paid in full and/or your Lump Sum units must be at least two years old). The longer units are held in your account the more beneficial it will be.
In some situations, it may be appropriate to move funds from a GET account into the DreamAhead College Investment Plan or another 529 plan. Explore a rollover
Beginning January 1, 2024, unused funds in a 529 account may be rolled into a Roth IRA in the student’s name. Some exceptions apply; learn more.
Circumstances requiring a two-year wait
- Scholarship: If your student receives a scholarship, you can use your GET account for other qualified higher education expenses, transfer the units to another family member, or request a refund equal to the value of the scholarship (up to 150 units per year).
- Graduation or program completion: If your student has remaining units in a GET account upon graduation, you can transfer those units to another family member or request a refund.
- Non-attendance: If your student decides not to attend college, you can transfer units to another family member, hold the units in the account for up to 10 years, or request a refund.
Are you having trouble logging in to see your GET account?
Here are a few ways to troubleshoot your problem:
- First, check the following:
- Make sure you are using the correct email address as your Login ID
- If you forgot your password, try the Password Recovery option.
- After you create your Login ID and Password, to confirm it you need to log in the first time through the confirmation link we sent to your email.
- If you didn't receive an email with a confirmation link, check to see if it's in your spam folder.
- If you have not logged in since July 2009, we have changed the way you access your account. If you are using the Account Owner's SSN (Login information is linked to the account owner, not the student):
- You will need to go through the process of changing your login information. To do so, just follow the onscreen directions.
- Confirm your email address. This is your new Login ID. Please note that each Account Owner needs a separate and unique email address.
- Your password must be a minimum of seven characters and must include a special symbol (example: ! % &).
Are you trying to open a new GET account?
- Did you enter the Account Owner's information?
- Are you getting an error that the email address you entered is already in use?
- First, try using another email address.
- If you are unable to proceed because the email is already in use, or if you made an error setting up the Account Owner, call the GET Contact Center at 800.955.2318.
- Each Account Owner needs a separate and unique email address.
- If you are unable to open an account online, you can complete and return a paper enrollment form (found on the forms page).
Paper enrollment forms and payments should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 84824
Seattle, WA 98124-6124
Enrollment forms may also be sent by fax to 360.704.6200, or scanned and emailed to GETInfo@wsac.wa.gov.
*Visit the 2022 GET Program Adjustments page for important details.
For more complex account changes, such as transferring account ownership (which requires notarization) you can visit our Forms page. For additional support, please call the GET Contact Center at 800.955.2318 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s easy to make changes online by signing in to your DreamAhead account.
- To make changes to your address, password or email, sign in and go to your Profile.
- To change the beneficiary, successor owner or other account information, navigate to your account and click the Settings tab.
- For investment changes, go to the Investments tab to make updates.
If you don’t have an online account, you can send in a form requesting changes to your account.
If you need additional help, you can always contact DreamAhead customer service.